View the page content by selecting any of the links below
Author rights pilot
Library and Information Science and Archives and Heritage journalsSkip to navigation
In 2011 Taylor & Francis introduced a new author rights pilot across 35 Library and Information Science journals.
Many authors have taken advantage of this new pilot, which enables them to post their Author's Original Manuscript (AOM) or Accepted Manuscript (AM) to any subject or institutional repository immediately upon publication. Taylor & Francis is now extending this pilot to include journals in our Archives and Heritage list (see the full list of journals).
Authors who choose to publish in these journals are no longer asked to assign copyright. They now sign a license to publish, which allows Taylor & Francis to publish the Version of Record.
Additionally, authors can choose to make their work green open access with no embargos applied.
Authors publishing in Library and Information Science and Archives and Heritage journals are exempt from any embargo on the Accepted Manuscript (AM) version of their article (the AM is the version of your article that has been through peer review and accepted by a journal editor). This means you can post your AM to subject or institutional repositories, as well as to your personal or departmental websites, immediately upon publication. This includes posting to Facebook, Google groups, and LinkedIn, and linking from Twitter (the same conditions apply to posting of the Author Original Manuscript, your draft article).
To encourage citation of your work we recommend that you insert a link from your posted AM to the published article on Taylor & Francis Online with the following text:
"This is an Accepted Manuscript of an article published by Taylor & Francis in [JOURNAL TITLE] on [date of publication], available online: http://www.tandfonline.com/" [Article DOI]."
This is an Accepted Manuscript of an article published by Taylor & Francis Group in Africa Review on 17/04/2014, available online:
Using a real DOI will create a link to the Version of Record on www.tandfonline.com.
For a list of all other Taylor & Francis and Routledge journals with Green OA embargo periods and license options select: PDF | Excel. Please note journals offering our Open Select publishing option have a 'Y' in the 'Gold OA option?' column.
For more information on the author rights pilot (Library and Information Science and Archives and Heritage journals) and publishing licenses and rights for authors please see our guide on Understanding the author rights pilot.
List of journals included in the author rights pilot (Library and Information Science, Archives and Heritage journals)
- Archives and Manuscripts
- Archives and Records
- Australian Academic & Research Libraries
- Behavioral & Social Sciences Librarian
- Cataloging & Classification Quarterly
- Collection Management
- College & Undergraduate Libraries
- Community & Junior College Libraries
- International Information & Library Review
- Internet Reference Services Quarterly
- Journal of Access Services
- Journal of Archival Organization
- Journal of Consumer Health on the Internet
- Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries
- Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship
- Journal of Global Information Technology Management
- Journal of Hospital Librarianship
- Journal of Information Privacy and Security
- Journal of Information Technology Case and Application Research
- Journal of Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery & Electronic Reserve
- Journal of Library & Information Services in Distance Learning
- Journal of Library Administration
- Journal of Library Metadata
- Journal of Map & Geography Libraries
- Journal of Religious & Theological Information
- Journal of Web Librarianship
- Legal Reference Services Quarterly
- Library & Archival Security
- Library Collections, Acquisitions & Technical Services
- Medical Reference Services Quarterly
- Music Reference Services Quarterly
- New Review of Academic Librarianship
- New Review of Children's Literature and Librarianship
- New Review of Information Networking
- Public Library Quarterly
- Public Services Quarterly
- Science & Technology Libraries
- Serials Review
- Slavic & East European Information Resources
- Technical Services Quarterly
- The Australian Library Journal
- The Information Society
- The Reference Librarian
- The Serials Librarian